• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineer
• Degree in Natural Sciences
Currently carries out research activities at EUCENTRE on:
– Seismic vulnerability of tunnels
– Site response analysis
– Seismic risk of airport systems
He has also carried out professional activities mainly in the following areas:
– GIS (Geographical Information System).
– Geotechnical site investigations and characterization.
– GIS applications in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Earthquake Engineering.
– Geostatistical methods for the processing, interpretation and interpolation of spatial data (i.e. seismic, geotechnical, geological, environmental, biological, etc.).
– Digitizing, georeferencing and analysis of current and historical cartography.
– Geological, hydrogeological and seismic component in municipal planning.
– Mining operation and characterization of contaminated sites.
– Contaminated Land Rehabilitation.
– Environmental impact studies.
– Risk management (sanitary and deterioration of heritage buildings and monuments) linked to the uncontrolled growth of populations of ”urban pigeon” (Columba
livia var. domestica)
He is/was involved in various research projects including:
– EUCENTRE-DPC 2014-2016 project.
Seismic vulnerability of shallow and deep tunnels.
– EUCENTRE-DPC 2014-2016 project.
Seismic risk of airport systems.
– STRIT (Strumenti e Tecnologie per la gestione del Rischio delle Infrastrutture di Trasporto) project.
OR1: Development of methods for assessing the vulnerability of large transport infrastructure.
OR2: Risk management of large transport infrastructure.
– ReLUIS-DPC 2010-2013 project.
Site response analysis and lifelines.
– REAKT (Strategies and tools for Real Time EArthquake RisK ReducTion) project.
WP5: Real time-dependent risk assessment. Task 5.2: State-dependent fragility curves for deep tunnels.
– EUCENTRE-DPC 2005-2008 project.
Numerical and experimental evaluation of the code prescriptions OPCM 3274 on the existing masonry buildings.
– ReLUIS-DPC 2005-2008 project.
Assessment and reduction of the vulnerability of existing masonry buildings.
– Project to understand the cooperative breeding of corvids. Ax:se Johnsson Stieftelse (Sweden) – MIUR – Parco Lombardo della Valle del Ticino.
– Andreotti, G., Lai, C. G, 2014. Seismic Vulnerability of Deep Tunnels: Numerical Modeling for a Fully Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis. 2ECEES (Second
European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology). Istanbul, Turkey, August 25-29, 2014.
– Andreotti, G., Lai, C. G, 2014. Modello Numerico per la Valutazione della Vulnerabilità Sismica di Gallerie Profonde. XXV Convegno Nazionale Di Geotecnica.
Baveno (VB), 4-6 Giugno 2014.
– Andreotti, G., Lai, C. G., Bozzoni, F., Scandella, L., 2013. New Soil Factors for the Italian Building Code (NTC08) Derived from 1D Fully Stochastic Ground Response
Analyses. XV Convegno ANIDIS. Padova, 1-4 Luglio, 2013.
– Andreotti, G., Lai, C. G., Bozzoni, F., Scandella, L., 2013. Hazard-Dependent Soil Amplification Factors Derived from 1D Fully Stochastic Ground Response Analyses.
ICEGE 2013 (International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering). Istanbul, Turkey, June 17-19 , 2013.
– Andreotti, G., Lai, C. G., Martinelli, M., 2013. Seismic Fragility Functions of Deep Tunnels: A New Cumulative Damage Model Based on Lumped Plasticity and Rotation
Capacity. ICEGE 2013 (International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering). Istanbul, Turkey, June 17-19 , 2013.
– Baglione, V., Marcos, J. M., Canestrari, D., Griesser, M., Andreotti, G., Bardini, C., Bogliani, G. 2005. Does year-round territoriality rather than habitat saturation explain
delayed natal dispersal and cooperative breeding in the carrion crow? Journal of Animal Ecology, 74:842-851.