- Laurea in Ingegneria Civile, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (2005-2008)
- Master of Science (Earthquake Engineering) , MEEES programme (2011-2013)
- PhD candidate, Rose programme, UME school, IUSS Pavia.
- Italian Department of Civil Protection project e4a – Displacement based design for regions of low seismicity.
- RELIUS III/line 7 – Development of a displacement-based method for earthquake loss assessment.
- Structural Engineer at Alan Reay Consultants Ltd., Christchurch, New Zealand (2008-2011).
- Seismic assessment of structures damaged in the 2010/2011 Canterbury earthquakes.
- Seismic testing of pre-cast floor systems.
- Structural/seismic design of numerous commercial and industrial buildings.
- Summer intern at Opus International Consultants Ltd., Invercargill, New Zealand (2007/2008).
- Summer intern at Fulton Hogan Ltd., Christchurch, New Zealand (2006/2007).
Peer reviewed journal papers:
- Fox, M.J., Sullivan, T.J., Beyer, K.  “Evaluation of seismic assessment procedures for determining deformation demands in RC wall buildings,” Earthquakes and Structures, in-press.
- Fox, M.J., Sullivan, T.J., Beyer, K.  “Comparison of force-based and displacement-based design approaches for RC coupled walls in New Zealand,” Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering, 47(3):190-205.
- Fox, M.J., Sullivan, T.J., Beyer, K.  “Capacity design of coupled RC walls,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 18(5):735-758.
- Fox, M.J., Sullivan, T.J.  “Record-to-record variability in the seismic response of RC wall buildings subjected to ground motions matched to the conditional spectrum,” 5th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Crete Island, Greece.
- Sullivan, T.J., Fox, M.J.  “Development of a simplified displacement-based procedure for the seismic assessment of RC wall buildings,” 5th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Crete Island, Greece.
- Fox, M.J., Sullivan, T.J., Beyer, K.  “A case study in the capacity design of RC coupled walls,” Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Fox, M.J.  “Simplified probabilistic seismic assessment of RC wall buildings,’ Doctoral Thesis, ROSE programme, UME School, IUSS Pavia, Italy (in preparation).
- Fox, M.J.  “Seismic design of coupled walls,” Master Thesis, ROSE programme, UME School, IUSS Pavia, Italy.