• 2014: Master of Science (MSc) in Earthquake Engineering, UME School – ROSE Programme, IUSS Pavia
• 2012: Qualification to the Profession of Engineer (PE), University of Pavia, Italy
• 2012: Master of Engineering (MEng) in Civil Structural Engineering, University of Pavia, Italy
• 2009: Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), Civil Engineering, University of Pavia, Italy
• 2006: Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) in Building Surveying, Institute of Higher Education “L. G. Faravelli”, Stradella (PV), Italy
Structural and Seismic Engineer. Participation in several projects related to the following field of work:
– Building of Finite Element Models, Analysis and Extracting of the Results
– Development of Routines to Automate Pre- and Post-processing of Models and FEM Analyses
– Prediction, Assessment and Numerical Study of the Seismic Response of Structural Systems
– Assessment of Seismic Vulnerability of Existing Buildings and Evaluation of Fragility Curves
– Technical Consultancy in Seismic Design of Structures
– Validation of Numerical Procedure and Advanced Structural Models by comparisons between different Software and Experimental Tests
– Definition of Advanced Methods, Numerical Techniques and Finite/Fibre Element Procedures in Automating New-Building Design and Verification of Existing Structures
• Apr. 2014 – Dec. 2014: Evaluation of fragility curves for RC precast structures starting from design, modelling and numerical analysis, as well as from the study of the behaviour of precast systems subjected to seismic events, classifying and evaluating their performance by identifying different levels of structural damage through incremental dynamic nonlinear analysis (IDA) and evaluation of the seismic response [Operative Project of Eucentre, Structural Analysis Section, on behalf of the Italian Civil Protection Department].
• Sept. 2013 – Feb. 2014: MSc Thesis work: Advanced FEM Analysis simulation by means LS-DYNA using Arbitrary Lagrangian Eulerian (ALE) formulation to represent nonlinear Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) algorithm able to allow for large structural and liquid deformation. The contact interaction between fluid and tank wall is based on penalty coupling method that act in compression only, fundamental to represent the real sloshing wave motion and correct distribution of pressure along the height of the wall [Understanding and Managing Extremes Graduate School (UME School – ROSE Programme) of Institute for Advanced Study (IUSS) of Pavia, Italy].
• May 2012 – July 2012: Development and implementation of numerical procedures and computer codes aimed to design and verification of two-dimensional and three-dimensional elements such as plates, shells and tanks. Excel was adopted as software and Python as a programming code [Eucentre, Structural Analysis Section].
• Sept. 2004 – Aug. 2006: Participation in an architectural retrofitting project as a group leader in activities such as surveying and graphic transposition of four churches of high historical and cultural value located in Oltrepò Pavese, Lombardia, Italy [Institute of Higher Education “L. G. Faravelli”, Stradella (PV), Italy].
• Since 2014: Chartered member of the Board of Professional Engineers of Pavia, Italy
• Since 2012: Member of Almo Collegio Borromeo Alumni Association, Pavia, Italy
• 2015: Modelling and Nonlinear Analysis of Structures (Eucentre, Pavia)
• 2013: Nonlinear Mechanics of Structures: Methods, Models and Applications (Eucentre, Pavia)
• 2012: Analysis, Design and Verification of Large Structures: Shells and Tanks (Eucentre, Pavia)
AWARDS & HONOURS:
• 2012: Scholarship for MSc in “Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology”
• 2006: Selected Student, following national competition, of the “Almo Collegio Borromeo” in Pavia, Italy
• 2006: Commended by His Excellency Bishop of Diocese of Tortona (AL) for leading the retrofitting pro-ject of churches in Lombardy region, Italy
 Brunesi E, Nascimbene R, Pagani M, Beilic D. Seismic Performance of Storage Steel Tanks during the May 2012 Emilia, Italy, Earthquakes. J. Peform. Constr. Fac. 2014; DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000628.