September 2011 – December 2014
PhD in earthquake engineering at the UME School, IUSS Pavia, Italy (ROSE Programme).
September 2010 – May 2012
Master Degree (MSc) in Earthquake Engineering
“European School for Advanced Studies in Reduction of Seismic Risk” (ROSE School), IUSS Pavia
“Evaluation of shear strength mechanisms of RC precast-prestressed hollow-core slabs”
October 2007 – December 2009
Civil-Structural Engineering with Structural Ordering (D.M. 509/1999 – Class 28/S – Class of advanced degrees in Civil Engineering) at the “University of Pavia”
“University of Pavia”
“Seismic design, modeling and assessment of multi-storey RC precast structures with internal or perimeter shear walls”
October 2004 – September 2007
Civil Engineering (D.M. 509/1999 – Class 8 – Class of degrees in Civil and Environmental Engineering) at the “University of Pavia”
“University of Pavia”
“Centoris Palace. Modeling and Analysis”
– Project S.T.R.I.T. (Tools and Technologies for Risk Management of Transport Infrastructure): assessment, management and mitigation of environmental risks for major transport infrastructure
Since 2010 he is a member of the “Ordine degli Ingegneri di Pavia” (Engineers Council of Pavia); the professional abilitation was obtained at the “University of Pavia” (first exam session, June 2010)
• Brunesi E, Bolognini D, Nascimbene R. Evaluation of the shear capacity of precast-prestressed hollow core slabs: numerical and experimental comparisons. Mater. Struct. 2014; DOI 10.1617/s11527-014-0250-6.
• Brunesi E, Nascimbene R, Rassati GA. Response of partially-restrained bolted beam-to-column connections under cyclic loads. J. Constr. Steel Res. 2014; DOI 10.1016/j.jcsr.2014.01.014.
• Brunesi E, Nascimbene R. Extreme response of reinforced concrete buildings through fiber force-based finite element analysis. Eng. Struct. 2014; DOI 10.1016/j.engstruct.2014.03.020.
• Belleri A, Brunesi E, Nascimbene R, Pagani M, Riva P. Seismic performance of precast industrial facilities following major earthquakes in the Italian territory. J. Peform. Constr. Fac. 2014; DOI 10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000617.
• Brunesi E, Nascimbene R, Pagani M, Beilic D. Seismic performance of storage steel tanks during the May 2012 Emilia, Italy, Earthquakes. J. Peform. Constr. Fac. 2014; DOI 10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000628.
• Brunesi E, Nascimbene R, Rassati G.A. Seismic performance of steel MRF with partially-restrained bolted beam-to-column connections through FE simulations. Structures Congress 2014 – Structural Engineering Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, April 2014.
• Brunesi E, Nascimbene R, Rassat GA. Evaluation of the response of partially restrained bolted beam-to-column connection subjected to cyclic pseudo-static loads. Structures Congress 2013: Bridging Your Passion with Your Profession – Proceedings of the 2013 Structures Congress 2013:2310–21.
• Brunesi E, Bolognini D, Nascimbene R. Evaluation of the Shear Strength Capacity of Precast-Prestressed Hollow Core Floor Slabs – Code Comparisons and Design Method. 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering WCEE, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2012.
• Santagati S, Bellotti D, Brunesi E, Bolognini D. Seismic response comparisons between RC precast structures with dissipation devices on beam-column connections. 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering WCEE, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2012.