Laurea in Civil Engineering, University of Pavia (Italy).
MSc in Reduction of the Seismic Risk, ROSE School – IUSS di Pavia (Italy).
Visiting Scholar at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA).
PhD in Seismic Engineering, University of Pavia (Italy).
Senior Researcher at EUCENTRE.
Scientific Coordinator of Reaction Structure and Shake Table at the Eucentre TREES-Lab.
Since 2001, Simone Peloso took part in theoretical, applied and experimental researches in the field of earthquake engineering. In the past years, he has also been involved in the academic activities of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Pavia. In particular, between 2008 and 2011, he was adjunct professor teaching the course “Fundamentals of Structural Engineering”.
His main interests in research concern: experimental methods, data analysis and interpretation of the behaviour of structures; monitoring systems, structural dynamic identification and algorithms for automatic operational modal analysis; and simplified seismic assessment methods for reinforced concrete structures.
Furthermore, Simone Peloso has also been involved in the emergency management activities following the Salò earthquake (2004), the Abruzzi-Aquila earthquake (2009), Emilia earthquake (2012) and the Central Italy Eathquake (2016). He was part of the Eucentre mechanism coordinating the inspection teams as well as having an active role during the visual or advanced inspection of critical, residential and productive structures.
1. Peloso S., Beyer K., Pavese A., Tondelli M. “Dynamic Testing of a Mixed RC-URM Building “. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Advances in Experimental Structural Engineering, 2013, Taipei, Taiwan.
2. Friedl, H., Öberseder, T., Bui, TT., De Roeck, G., Peloso, S., Pitilakis, D., Zulfikar, C., Karapetrou,S. “Field testing for seismic vulnerability assessment”. Proceedings of the Vienna Congress on Recent Advances in Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 2013, Vienna (AU).
3. Tondelli, M., Petry, S., Beyer, K., Peloso, S.,“Shake table test on a four-storey structure with reinforced concrete and unreinforced masonry walls”. Proceedings of the Vienna Congress on Recent Advances in Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 2013, Vienna (AU).
4. Peloso, S., Zanardi, A., Pavese, A., “Improvement of a simplified met.hod for the assessment of 3D R.C. frames”, Proceedings of the 15th World Conference On Earthquake Engineering (15 WCEE 2012). Lisbon, paper n.4055.
5. Peloso, S., Pavese, A. and Casarotti, C., “Eucentre TREES Lab: Laboratory for Training and Research in Earthquake Engineering and Seismology”, Role of Seismic Testing Facilities in Performance-Based Earthquake Engineering: SERIES Workshop, Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering 22, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-1977-4_4, Springer.
6. Lunghi, F., Pavese, A., Peloso, S., Lanese,. I. and Silvestri, D., “Computer Vision System for Monitoring in Dynamic Structural Testing”, Role of Seismic Testing Facilities in Performance-Based Earthquake Engineering: SERIES Workshop, Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering 22, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-1977-4_9, Springer.
7. Casarotti, C., Pavese, A., Peloso, S., “Seismic Response of the San Salvatore Hospital of Coppito (L’Aquila) during the 6th April 2009 earthquake”, Progettazione Sismica, issue 3, Special Abruzzo, Italian (163-176) and English (159-172).