ERIES responds to the call INFRA-2021-SERV-01-07: Research infrastructure services advancing frontier knowledge with the overall objective of providing transnational access (TA) to advanced research infrastructures in the fields of structural, seismic, wind and geotechnical engineering. This project, together with the research infrastructure team assembled, provides access to leading experimental facilities that permit users to advance frontier knowledge and conduct curiosity-driven research towards: the reduction of losses and disruption due to these hazards; the management of their associated risk; and the development of innovative solutions to address them that will contribute to a greener and more sustainable society.
To this end, ERIES offers TA to the best European experimental facilities in each field, with new and unique infrastructures available for the first time in this programme, along with the provision of key infrastructure in Canada. It integrates past infrastructure projects’ successful results and implementation, such as SERIES and SERA, and expands access capabilities to new communities and disciplines not yet focused on.
It will provide authoritative input for diverse stakeholders, from Civil Protection agencies to the European seismic building code. It will help develop future standards for experimental techniques in earthquake, wind and geotechnical engineering. It will provide a platform from which European researchers can create innovative solutions and testbed applications of next-generation technologies.
With 13 partners from 8 countries, ERIES builds an essential element toward reducing losses, managing risk, and overall a greener and more sustainable engineering future in Europe.
The ERIES consortium comprises:
- Scuola Universitaria Superiore di Pavia (IUSS) Italy (Coordinator)
- EUCENTRE Foundation (EUC) Italy
- Panepistimio Patron (UPAT) Greece
- Aristotelio Panepistimio Thessalonikis (AUTH) Greece
- Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil (LNEC) Portugal
- Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives (CEA) France
- University of Bristol (UBRI) United Kingdom
- Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje (IZIIS) Republic of North Macedonia
- Università degli Studi di Genova (UNIGE) Italy
- The University of Western Ontario (WU) Canada
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TUE) Netherlands
- Centre Scientifique et Technique du Batiment (CSTB) France
- Joint Research Centre (JRC) Italy