Experimental Techniques Department
Currently researcher at the Experimental Techniques Department and operative responsible at the 6D-Lab, he is involved in the research on experimental techniques and, simultaneously, in the activities necessary for the realization of seismic experimental tests. His main duties concern:
- the design of seismic experimental tests on real-scale buildings, structural systems and non-structural elements;
- the definition and the development of procedures for seismic validations through dynamic experimental tests on shaking table;
- the design of special facilities;
- acquisition, processing of signals and experimental data processing;
- the quality control of measuring instruments;
- the publication of scientific articles and preparation of technical reports;
He is also an operator of the damper testing system for experimental tests on damping devices and large dynamic restraints.
Moreover he has experience in coordinating a research area (for which he managed numerical and experimental projects on vulnerability assessments of precast structures on behalf of the Italian Civil Protection and private companies), in training activities (organizer and speaker of courses concerning the seismic design of precast structures), in technical publishing (operational director of a magazine concerning the design of structures in the seismic areas).
He was involved in the Working Group of the Italian Civil Protection (established by the Decree of the Head of the Department of Civil Protection 5/3/2012 n. 827) aimed to the preparation of the Form (called “GL-AeDES”) for the post-earthquake assessment of damage of large span precast structures.
Further previous activities regarded the support to the development of numerical finite element codes for non-linear static and dynamic analyses (among them SAM II) and the design of long-span precast structures.
He authored more than sixty publications (among them scientific articles on journals and conferences). Furthermoer, he is a reviewer of Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, Journal of Structural Engineering, Engineering Structures, Materials and Design.